Re-Reads and Fall Favorites

 I started autumn by revisiting some of my favorite reads. We tend to focus on what's new or what's coming next, but sometimes it's good to fall back into classics and the books occupying our shelves. The teetering TBR pile remains a constant reminder that wonderful new reads keep arriving. 



Full reviews available on Goodreads, but here's the rundown of what I've just finished reading. I picked the photo because those socks look like mine.  Photo credit: alex geerts on Unsplash

Rosemary's 2026 Fall Reads

The Flying Girl
really liked it
I'm still hunting for a 1911 hardcover of this book. For now, I have to be satisfied with the Gutenberg online edition (which transfers beautifully to my reading device and does include the lovely pictures). My Baum book club group, aka ...
Daggerbound
really liked it
Fans of Kingfisher's Clockwork Boys and Swordheart will enjoy bumping into characters from those previous novels.
The Art of Charming a Changeling
it was amazing
For those who struggled with the epistolary structure of Cathrall's first two novels (I adored it but I like Dracula too), this new series starts off with a novel broken into chapters and is a complete story with no cliffhangers. Once ag...
The Book Collector's Guide to L. Frank Baum and Oz: Revised and Expanded Edition
it was amazing
I missed the first edition of this exhaustive reference work when it came out in 2009. No worries, the author found even more information on various printings of all L. Frank Baum's books as well as additional information on early Oz boo...
A Necromancer’s Guide to Grave Mistakes
it was amazing
I'm an acknowledged sucker for a good twist on the Cinderella story. From Grimm to Disney, give me mother-haunted trees to wildly dancing mice. Wright mixes all this and a very charming prince (please call him Silas) with a tale of necro...

goodreads.com



Comments

Popular Posts