Flights of Foundry 2024: Writing and Reading + Money Questions

I'm participating in my third of Flights of Foundry convention in September 2024. If you haven't done this free online convention for creative people, I highly recommend it! It runs 24 hours a day  so no matter where you are, you can find something of interest. The first hour of the convention is hour 1 and the count goes on from there!

Since I live in the Pacific Northwest, I ask my panels be scheduled between 9am and 4pm my local time but I will sign in at 10pm at night to catch a discussion or join up again at 6am. That's part of the fun. The Flight online table makes converting to your time zone easy. Just create a free account, find the panels that you'd like to listen to, and participate! Year round, they also have a lively Discord discussion going on subjects of interest to writers, artists, game designers, and fans.

Here's what I'll be talking about this year. Hope to see you there. And if you missed it, most of these should be available later on the Dream Foundry YouTube channel. Register for the convention here: https://flights-of-foundry.org/

Friday, September 27, Hour 2, 11am PT

Writing Your Story For Someone Else's World While Getting Paid
A panel discussion of working for an IP (intellectual property) like Dungeons & Dragons or Arkham Horror, how to pitch, and what to expect once you get a contract.

 Saturday, September 28, Hour 24, 9am PT

Managing Your TBR!
I'm moderating this panel, whose participants wanted to talk about getting back into reading regularly when dealing with creative burnout. As reading is both my comfort and inspiration, I do read every day. But I still am in danger of being crushed by the pile of books in my home. So I'm looking forward to learning more about managing my backlist of "to be read" books.

 Saturday, September 28, Hour 28, 1pm PT

The Money Stuff (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Maths)
It's the biggest struggle we have as artists who work for ourselves: how do we achieve financial wellness? An accountant, a business owner, and a writer walk into a panel and give some tips for reducing the stress and feeling better about the money.

Saturday, September 28, Hour 29, 2pm PT

You Got Peanut Butter in my Chocolate: Blending Genres
Romance and fantasy now has a label: romantasy! But what if you blend horror with humor or mystery with fantasy? The genre lines are blurring but the bookstores, online distributors, and others want a label. So how do you market your mixed genre book? The panel shares their thoughts from the viewpoints of writers and publishers.

To find the links to watch for these and other programs, go to:  https://flights-of-foundry.org/program-3/


 


Comments

Popular Posts