Contacting Rosemary

Looking to contact the author?
Drop me an e-mail:
rosemarynovels at aol.com.

Oddball titles resurfacing in my life

With the new bookshelves finally delivered (ordered in February, arrived in May), I can dig into the boxes of oddball paperbacks and other books sitting in my storeroom. These are the tattered old loves that I can't bear to throw away.

Of course, loading up the bookcases proceeds slowly. Last night, The Tightrope Walker by Dorothy Gilman distracted me. She's best known for her Mrs. Polifax mysteries, but she wrote several interesting little stand-alone books in 1970s and 1980s, often with references to ESP and other psychic powers. If she was writing these today, they would be the "cozy" equivalent of urban fantasies.

Like everyone who discovered Tightrope young, I completely believed that the "book within the book" was real -- at least until some major plot developments occurred. I still find Gilman's characters funny, touching, and worth worrying about. Which is why the books remain unshelved and I was up late reading last night!

If you follow me on GoodReads, be prepared for some oddities popping up over the next few weeks. Who knows what is lurking down in the bottom of those boxes....

No comments: