Contacting Rosemary

Looking to contact the author?
Drop me an e-mail:
rosemarynovels at aol.com.

Norwescon 33: only two weeks away

The participants' list is up on the website and if you can't find a single person who sounds interesting: well, you need to go back to bed. Myself, I'm looking at a THRILLING line-up of professionals in all fields related to science fiction and fantasy. Can't wait to meet as many as possible.

My schedule is now set and you can find me at the following panels, readings, and signings. My comments on each below. You can read the Norwescon program panel description if you click on this link.

Norwescon takes place from April 1 through 4 at Double Tree Hotel, Sea Tac, WA.

APRIL 2

Friday, 11:00 a.m., Cascade 6
Independent and Small Press Publishing
After many years of being the web editor for Book Publishers Northwest, I've seen them all: the big ones, the little ones, the successful ones, and the truly crazy wonderful ones (ask me about the pony picture book lady and her traveling pony show).

The line-up:
Caren Gussoff (M), Rosemary Jones, Rose O'Keefe, Mary Robinette Kowal

Friday, 1:00 p.m., Evergreen 1
Are Vampires Just for Tweens?
My answer is: of course not! I'll be bringing lists of my favorite vampire fiction including some Russian vampires that I truly adore.

Line-up:
Julie McGalliard (M), Rosemary Jones, J. Grace McKelvy, Adrian Phoenix, Jaye Wells

Friday, 3:00 p.m., Cascade 6
Is Electronic Publishing the Future?
Move over Gutenberg, the e-book started the new revolution in publishing and the rest of the world has finally caught on. I'll be expanding on the "why this is a good thing" and "no, the printed book isn't disappearing tomorrow" theme. You can read some of my thoughts about this at Red Room too.

Line-up
L.J. Bothell, Ben Dobyns, Rosemary Jones, Jak Koke

APRIL 3

Saturday, 10:30 - 11:00 a.m., Cascade 3
Reading: Rosemary Jones
Dusty Bones, A graveyard adventure in Waterdeep

I don't do readings often. The tale comes from Realms of the Dead. Expect surprises. Maybe a celebrity mystery guest.

Line-up:
Rosemary Jones (oh, that's me!!)

Saturday, 1:00 p.m., Cascade 4
That Was a Great YA Series! Mmm. What Next?

First: check out Mantchev's Eyes Like Stars. I'm intrigued to hear what she has to say. Besides, wind me up and let me talk about YA authors and I'll go for hours. There are so many amazing books being published right now!

Line-up:
Lisa Mantchev (M), Spencer Ellsworth, Rosemary Jones

Saturday, 2:00 p.m., Evergreen 3 and 4
Autograph Session #3

Rarer than hen's teeth are books autographed by me. I don't do signings -- well, not normally. April is a weird month with a signing at Norwescon for the Wizards' novels and, later, two coming up for Apex anthology Close Encounters of the Urban Kind (April 10 and April 15). But after that, who knows where next I will appear [cue the spooky music and somebody saying "The Shadow knows...."]


Saturday, 10:00 p.m., TBA
Reading: Broad Universe

Party! The women of Broad Universe are a fantastic bunch of online friends who I get to meet in real time and space. Or as real as Norwescon gets. Drop in to hear what they have to say. Expect surprises. Expect great writing. Expect a very good time.

Line-up:
Keeps growing

No comments: