Contacting Rosemary

Looking to contact the author?
Drop me an e-mail:
rosemarynovels at aol.com.

Making dragons out of leaves and twigs

The question asked was: what is your favorite dragon? The first and simplest answer was "topiary" although I had to elaborate and list a few more dragons I enjoy.

The topiary dragon started out as a bit of action in the City of the Dead and continued to grow like a well-trimmed shrub. Creatures tend to take over my books when I'm not paying strict attention: City was also overrun with clever cats sliding in and out of the Carver house.

Topiary seemed a natural addition to a magical graveyard. Many early examples were carved from yew trees, traditionally associated with sorrow and death. Of course, in the Forgotten Realms, topiary doesn't necessarily stay rooted in one place. So the gentleman admiring this rearing creation of living shrubbery should maybe move back a step or two.

No comments: