Contacting Rosemary

Looking to contact the author?
Drop me an e-mail:
rosemarynovels at aol.com.

City of the Dead is almost here: and I'm giving away a free book


Found this blog? Want a copy of City of the Dead? I'm giving away a copy to someone who reads this page.

How do you enter the drawing? Easy. Post a comment here on why you want a copy. I'll randomly draw a name and mail a free, signed copy to that person.

Don't post names, addresses, or personal information. I'll contact you if you win for the mailing address. Just tell me why you want to go exploring in the City of the Dead with Sophraea Carver and Gustin Bone.

UPDATED INFORMATION ON DRAWING

I'll be giving away four copies total: you can enter once here, once at my MySpace page, and once at Candlekeep to increase your chances. But one entry only at each place and you must follow the rules as posted on those places. The rules here say put a comment to enter your name -- in case you were wondering, it's a bit different at the other two spots and, yes, you have to hunt this out for yourself (think of it as a little adventuring!).

I'll separate out the Candlekeep, My Space, and blog entries into three little hats and one person from each group will win a book. If one person wins more than once, I'll go to the next person and so on. So three books will be given away to three individuals. Confused? Don't be. Books will be flying out the door.

Fellow author Erik Scott de Bie will draw the winners out of a hat. Erik and I also will sign Realms of Dragons II, which will be included in the fourth drawing (everyone will go into that hat) and one person will get both City and Realms of Dragons II.

Have fun! You have until June 2 to post your comments. I do reserve the right to delete any comments deemed inappropriate.

27 comments:

Neskit said...

I cant wait, sounds like a great novel.

Waterdeep has such an interesting history that I want to learn more about it and its past.

Mike Leger said...

I would like a copy, i've always been a big fan of waterdeep and has been home to many of my campaigns. Ive run a few adventure in the city of the dead and would enjoy getting some more ideas.

Thanks

Poe said...

Awww yeah! I am in... let's go to waterdeep!
One can never have enough ideas on how to run a bunch of PCs through the city of the dead.

hawkins81 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hawkins81 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney said...

I'd like a copy of the book. I've never read any of Ms. Jones books, but this looks like an exciting read. I'm a Broad too, with a couple of published books and always working on more.

novelfriend said...

I'd love a copy, Rosemary! :) I'm a big fan of the Realms, and I haven't read any of your work yet!! :) Thanks for the great promo contest!

Sheri said...

Hi Rosemary, a fellow (is that the right word??) Broad here,commenting on why I would love to win your book: BECAUSE IT SOUNDS SO COOL!

How's that for a reason ;)

katesteacher said...

I'm a Broad looking for a cool new author. It sounds good, and I'd love to have something new to read and review!

Christopher Heard said...

I haven't read any Forgotten Realms novels except for Salvatore's Drizzt series and a collection of short stories. I'd like to branch out.

Rob said...

I love the Realms, and I would really love to get a copy of this book.

If I do, I promise to review it on my blog for all 5 of my readers!

Dan said...

I'd love a copy!

If I don't win it I was planning on picking it up when it comes out anyway :).

As for why, it's always good to have some new and fresh undead ideas. That's not some kind of oxymoron is it?

Walter said...

I would enjoy a copy of the book, I'm an avid Forgotten Realms junkie and love the great new talent including yours! I just finished reading "The Fanged Crown" By Jenna Helland and loved it!

Gomez said...

I would be intersted in a copy, as I really desire to learn (even) more about the Realms and Waterdeep, and to find out who makes the bestestest Realms authors...
And undead often make the greatest stories.

Laura said...

Hi Rosemary,

I'm a Broad too, and I was especially intrigued by the teaser "Attacks by shrubbery." I can't wait!

Alfred said...

Cool. Count me in. Thanks!

JesterOC said...

I would love to read up about Waterdeep. My wife's very first character hailed from Waterdeep, actually setup shop and made a living from the business (in game of course). I would love to visit the city in a novel.

C. June (Casey) Wolf said...

I'd love to have a copy of your book, Rosemary. I enjoy a good YA (am currently reading Linda Demeulemeester's Grim Hill series and really enjoying them). Your description of your books had me smiling and thinking this would be a wonderful read. So put me on your list, please!

Casey

YOTP Ye Olde Thyme Prims Group said...

I am a big fan of the Realms and would love a signed copy of your book. I hope that I can make it to the gen con so I can get most of my collection signed. Thanks for doing this for us fans.

Louis said...

I just spent $140 on Forgotten Realms novels because bookdepository.co.uk was running a 10% off promotion.

A book that has been won and signed would be cool :D

Plus this reminds me of the Undead Nations from Planescape: Torment CRPG - a cool level in a very very cool game :)

Margaret said...

I just read the excerpt from "Crypt of the Moaning Diamond," and if "City of the Dead" is anywhere near as good, I definitely want to read it.

Brett said...

I was a Forgotten Realms newb until last fall, now I am chewing through the books as fast as I can. I have enjoyed almost all I have read, but I am really enjoying the Waterdeep line very much. The heavy focus on a single city is really filling it with character. I look forward to City of the Dead, hope it is as good as the others have been.

Erethar said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this novel because waterdeep always held my Interest for it's deeply detailed description. So far the Waterdeep novels have been a great read and I'm sure yours will be too

I'm from Europe though, if thats a problem, just cut me from the drawing :)

Massimo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Massimo said...

I've been playing in forgotten and reading abou it since I was a kid!
And thirteen years from that, I still feel like one when imagining those incredible places!

x said...

I'm probably too late, but I'll try anyway! :)

I've read most FR books and I really like the Waterdeep series. Can't wait to read yours, whether it's free or not!

Rosemary Jones said...

Everybody shown above this comment has been entered in the drawing! Thanks for visiting. I'll post winners on Friday, June 5.